What it is
An Erhu made of premium black sandalwood by maker Yu Kai Ming from Zhejiang China.
At a glance
This Erhu has a strong and robust sound. It is easy to play and has clean, bright high registers.
|Playability:||Demanding||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10||Easy|
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
|*Sweetness:||Brash||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10||Sweet|
|Richness:||Thin||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10||Rich|
|Articulation:||Muddy||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10||Articulate|
|Tone Focus:||Diffused||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10||Focused|
|*Warmth:||Brilliant||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10||Warm|
|*Cleanness:||Grainy||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10||Clean|
|High Notes:||Muffled||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10||Clear|
|Threshold:||Weak||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10||Strong|
|*Snakeskin:||Loose||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10||Tight|
(*Please note that 1 does not necessarily mean it is bad, just the other end of the spectrum)
- Beginners looking for an Erhu that plays loud and clear.
- Intermediate players who want an articulate instrument for traditional tunes with fast passages
Why you should buy it
- To produce a bright and clear tone that is not drowned out by other instruments
- To play tunes without breaking into a sweat
Why some might not buy it
- Some prefer a tone that is sweeter and warmer
About the Maker
- YKM, or Yu Kai Ming, is a renowned maker that was once commissioned by Xi Jinping to make an erhu for the German Chancellor.
- He learned his erhu making under the late Wang Gen Xing - one of the great erhu makers of the 90s.
|Wood||Premium Black Sandalwood|
|Accessories Included||Bow, Rosin, Strings, Adjustors, Dampers, Bridges, Case|
|Maker||Yu Kai Ming|
|Special Notes||Slightly longer headstock than the rest|
|Dimensions||Top to Bottom - 82.5cm|
All items purchased online through www.EasonMusicStore.com are returnable except for, well, nothing in particular. We will pay the return shipping costs if the product is defective or the return is a result of our error. If the item is returned for any other reason you are responsible for the return shipping amount. No returns will be accepted after 30 days.
The product(s) will be inspected upon receipt. All returns must be in good condition and all original packaging (including invoice) must be in place for full refund to be issued. No refund will be issued if the product shows signs of use. Our guarantee does not cover accidental damage or wear of product caused by customer. Once we have received your return at our warehouse, We will credit you in the same manner as your original payment within 7 days of receiving the returned item.
Please return your purchase to the following address:
114 Lavender Street (CT Hub 2)